girls ages 9,7,and 5. Potty wipes or toliet paper at their age. Which is better?

I ran out of potty wipes and before I buy more Which is better and gets them cleaner potty wipes or toliet paper? How do you mark how much toliet paper to use so they do not go crazy with it .

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 11:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• i have never bought wipes. they are all good about not using too much toilet paper. i also have 3 girls about those same ages.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't use potty wipes because they are moist. My family physician said they can cause a yeast infection in girls because of the dampness. If a girl stays moist in that area too long bacteria can start to grow. Bacteria's favorite place to grow is a warm, dark place. Thats why operating rooms are so bright and could. Makes since huh?
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My aunt has both for her kids. They use toilet paper unless there poop is like STUCK on there and then they use the wipes.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Our 12 yo DD uses the wipes for messy and TP for wet.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i use both for my little girl
    jojo153

Answer by jojo153 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010