What is the earliest age I cant start Potty Training?

my son just turned 1, I know now is way to early but I hear people start early. What is the earliest you started?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know some people do it really early. Everyone I know said wait until 3. I tried with my first around 21 months and all he would do is sit for 3 seconds and get up, run off naked and pee on the floor. EVERY TIME! So I quit and potty trained him in about a week when he was almost 3. I tried around 2 years old with my daughter and she basically did the same thing. I tried again about 3 months before she turned 3 and she potty trained in 1 day. I thought she was going to be impossible to potty train, because I would try to get her to pee on the potty sometimes and she would never do it, not even once by accident. Then I bought her some Elmo underwear and she was trained just like that. It was weird. So anyway, I waited and it worked for me to wait, but some people have success training really early.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I started my dd at 18 months and tht didn't work so I restarted at 20 months and bam potty trained in 3 days...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I started when my kids showed they were ready. It is much easier if you do it when they are ready. My girls were over 3 years when I did.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• best time to start is when they show signs they are ready. Usually between 2 and 3. If they tell you one way or another they went pee or poo, want their diaper changed, stay dry upon waking, it's a good time to start. You CAN teach the basics at an early age which is basically just showing them the whats and hows by example or with a potty dvd or book, but if they show no interest in actually doing anything it's best to wait.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2010