Ever have to RE-Do a project? I have a knitting one in front of me...

...I finished the hand-knit "grandpa sweater" my teen daughter requested. She asked that it be over-sized "like you borrowed your grandpa's sweater", and wanted the sleeves just past her thumbs, and the hem at mid-thigh. She didn't say (and silly me, I didn't ask) that she wanted the width to be a normal fit for her. . . so I made it extra wide, in proportion with the length. Now I'm getting lots of practice with the mattress stitch, taking it in.

Have you ever knitted, crocheted or sewn a project for someone that you thought came out great; then had to make major alterations? If so, what was it, and how did it turn out in the end?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 12:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i made my daughter a renisance costume for halloween, but since she is two she had a growth spurt... funny thing was i started it on the 1st of oct, finished on the 15th ( hour max  a night) then did a final fitting... it was beautiful. everyone loved it and wanted it, but hen she tried it on again on the 24th and it tore... did some handy patch work and it turned out great

MakG

Answer by MakG at 8:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I've redone smaller projects but nothing of that magnitude. So here's a bump.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have made blankets and about a quarter of the way through I do not like it and start over. It drives me nuts to loose all of the hard work but I don't want to finish something that I will not be happy with in the end.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2010