what to expect from having a hysterectomy?

i just went the other day to my dr and she sending me to a GYN for a hysterectomy. i'm kinda scared of all this and don't know what to really expect from it all. so what can i expect from this and what do i need to do before and after this surgery.

shorty13417

Asked by shorty13417 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• I can help cause I add a full one. I used to have to take care of my girls on my hands and knees cause in so much pain. But since having the surgury things are a whole lot better. You will be sore and will not be able to lift and drive until you can apply pressure to the brake but otherwise smooth sailing. Just keep ice packs or even heat pads if in pain to much. along with a pain reliver. After words you should feel so much better than you do now. Just listen to your doctor and things will go fine. Take care.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thanks so much for answering me. this is all scary to me but being a heart patient, you would think i would be use to having surgeries, drs, needles and things like that but sadly, i'm not... so scared and worried about it.
    shorty13417

Comment by shorty13417 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had a total hyst about 5 years ago. check out hystersisters.com. and p.m. me or friend me if you'd like. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thanks.. i will check that out
    shorty13417

Comment by shorty13417 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010