Dont you wish you could build a room..that is sound proof, and kid proof..so you can have some alone time ;) Because not even the bathroom is a hiding spot any longer!

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes I would like to do that to my bathroom, so tired of visitors while I'm trying to take a bath or what ever
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I hear ya! I seem to always have an audience in the bathroom! lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I did! I took a section of my basement and made it for me.. I even have candles and breakables in low areas. Oh and I spray painted the walls with my own artwork.. it is my sanctuary.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I taught my kids about "alone time" and "quiet time", and taught them to respect that. They also understand that a closed door means to knock and get permission before entering. And that if the person you wish to speak with is on the phone, you are to wait until they are done before talking. These simple teachings make home a far more peaceful and enjoyable place to be for everyone. People can rest, read, play, relax, work, do homework, or whatever they wish, without having to worry about rude and intrusive behavior.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My daughter is 6, and she understands when it's time to play quietly. She also has that knocking before entering thing down - although she still forgets to wait once in a while when I am on the phone!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010