Do you use the Sanitary wipes on shopping carts while shopping?

How do you feel about stores providing them at the front door? If they don't?

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• I normally use them if they are provided, but if they aren't then I normally don't really think about it. I probably should though :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i did use them when i was pregnant with my third last year because of that whole swine flu disaster. i was paranoid and terrified that i would catch it any and everywhere i went. i even wiped my kids' hands down before and after leaving the store, so if it was on them they wouldn't spread it either lol. but i dont now that ive had the baby and returned to my normal senses... i keep hand sanitizer in my purse though for easy access if i've been in a germy place.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't use them really but I appreciate that the stores offer them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I dont use them , i do think its nice they offer them
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Definitely! There was nothing worse than going into a store and getting a cart with a sticky handle! Ugh! I wish all stores provided them and provided hand cleanser OUTSIDE the bathroom door. I cringe to think who has touched the bathroom door when walking out, that is why I always do my hand washing and cleansing OUTSIDE the bathroom door. I noticed a few stores that now have them outside by the water faucet. I love that!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Not usually.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Have never used them--I just teach my children to wash their hands frequently. I have always felt that we need to be exposed to germs in order to build strong immunity systems....viruses need a host to survive and will die within hours if a suitable host cannot be found. Bacteria can live without a host, and while they can make you sick, you are not likely to die from a exposure to bacteria!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• ALL THE TIME!!! Even if my DD is not with me...I use them. Here's a gross story about people in the grocery store....doesn't really apply to the wipes question, but anyway....I was leaving the store when I saw an older lady OPEN UP the package of bakery doughnuts and push and poke them with her fingers to see if they were fresh...then closed them back up and put them back on the display. EEWWWWW!!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We always use them. Our son gets ill VERY easily. Before we started using them, he'd get strep throat a few days after each store visit!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• DMac08 that is gross. I notice that when Im in the produce department that i see people handling the produce. I have seen a few times where people have picked it up and looked at it and then chose something better to them of the same item. Not so bad, but do they wash their hands? I guess im a little paranoid. Then there is the whole handling money thing that kinda grosses me out...not knowing where its been? I would say something here but i bite my tongue.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010