What do you use when you feel or get a fever blister?

I hate those things I usually use Carmex when I feel that tingly feeling or put ice on that area on my lip.
The more I tried to prevent it from coming out some how I end up getting like 4 stupid blisters. it is a good thing I am a stay at home mom. I don't know what happened. Gross!!! I don't want to show my face. I feel like people look at you like what have you been doing? Atleast that is what they would say at school when I was young.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• I used to get these all the time; none of the OTC products I used ever worked. I started supplementing about a year ago with vitamin C daily and I haven't had one since. I've heard that you can also make a paste out of vitamin c powder and apply it directly to the cold sore to stop it in its tracks but I have not tried this. Lysine is supposed to work really well too but I don't have any personal experience with that. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Extract of Lemon Balm (herb) can be applied topically.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• me and my mom swore by neosporin
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• abreva
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008