• In the Spotlight:

Have you been tested for HIV?

Have you asked your partner to be tested?

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• Every pregnancy they usually test for it unless you request different. So yes, many times.lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I got tested back in college, just because the information about AIDS came out so fast, it was really scary. My husband and I both got tested again when we started fertility procedures.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have been tested only due to pregnancy, I never asked partner to be tested, yet if i was unsure about his behavior then i would tell him he needs to be tested.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i was tested in pregnancy only. ive never asked my hubby to get the test done, i dont feel its necessary. if i ever were to change my mind on that though i would ask him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thanks for the responses, ladies. I got tested for both pregnancies, and a year ago. Due to someones behavior, i got a kick in the head and I needed to know. He was unwilling to get tested. That scared me even more, so I took it upon myself. I got tested and was negative. I will ask my next partner to get tested before I sleep with him.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I declined the HIV test when I was pregnant because my insurance didn't cover it and I didn't want to pay for it (I've been with my husband since I was 17), but we were both tested for it when we got our life insurance. It was required and paid for by the life insurance company.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no, no need to
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i have been tested during pregnancies and neva asked my SO to be checked

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2010