Would you support ban on circumcisions?

One city resident is proposing a ballot measure that would ban circumcision in the City, according to the San Francisco Examiner.

If passed in November 2011, the measure would change San Francisco's police code “to make it a misdemeanor to circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the foreskin, testicle or penis of another person who has not attained the age of 18.”

The punishment for those who choose to cut away anyway would be up to a $1,000 fine and up to one year in prison.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• to actually get the measure on the November ballot, he will have to collect 7,168 signatures by April 26, 2011. In San Francisco, he might just be able to do it.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Wow, that's stupid. Besides, wouldn't that go against the first amendent rights of Jewish people? It would be a law that would prohibit the free practice of their religion.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• LOL...no!!

eye rolling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, I won't. It's a personal choice. And in some cases a religious choice so that would be violating separation of church and state. It won't pass.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That's ridiculous! My son was circumcised and if I have another boy, I'll have him circumcised too.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would support circumcision, I have worked in the nursing field for 18 years. I don't know how many poor old men have swollen penis's due to CNA negligence. A lot of CNA don't think to pull the foreskin back down after cleaning. If they even pull it back to be cleaned in the first place. A lot of infection happen that way as well. Does these people that appose of this think of these things. AGGG!
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Ummm....no. I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally am not a fan of sex with an uncircumsized man. They don't teach these guys how to properly clean themselves or put a condom on. This leads to bladder infections and mishaps of playing "where did the condom go?". Both of my boys are circumsized. I just think it's a good thing.

On the other hand it will be nice to have boys protest "It's a Man's right to choose"
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010