How often do you and your S/O argue/fight?

One of my friends asked me last night whether DH and I fight, and I said no. We rarely ever fight. Our last semi-big fight was over 4 years ago. We debate and talk things out, but we never yell or scream or say mean things to one another. She said that was just weird. I never really thought about it before, but looking back, I never saw my parents fight either (and they've been happily married for over 30 years). How often do you argue/fight with your S/O?

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• hmmm now that i am pregnant all the time....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We're like you. We never fight. On the rare occasion that we disagree, we discuss it completely without emotion, like a debate. He lays out his point of view, I do the same, we discuss, and come to a rational decision. No hurt feelings, no arguing. It doesn't get you anywhere to fight. We've been married 13 years and together for 14.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We don't fight anymore. It's not worth the energy we waste. Plus he doesn't fight fair, he just shuts down and walks away taking all the fun out of it anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We have been married almost 11 years and we rarely fight. If we have a problem we talk about it. We both honor and respect the others opinions and try not to take things personally. We play around and snip at each other sometimes but we always end up laughing within a few minutes.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• LOL ad! I had a therapist that said I don't fight fair! I used to love to fight.
    We bicker a lot. Hubby says he's not allowed to be mad. Lately he's fluffing his tail feathers, and getting mad. Then when I get mad, he yells at me and say's he's never been allowed to get mad cause then he's the asshole. OKKK? Oh! I just thought of something. Maybe, it could have something to do with because he wouldn't do a good job at holding back, and would be really nasty. I did hold back. I'll have to remember that next time he brings it up. All out fights, not often. We used to fight a lot though, before I got put on good medication, the right medication.
    He thinks he's always in trouble. I think he's nuts.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I should add, we bicker, but we do make up:) and work things out. I can't move on if I have no closure.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think it depends on what you define as fighting...We disagree and we discuss often but never naything violent!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Hubby and I don't really fight- by that I mean being loud, swearing, yelling, screaming, hitting, throwing things and putting hands on each other or being violent kind of fighting. We bicker sometimes (and it is usually about nothing) and we do disagree and argue sometimes but it is nothing major. We will usually walk away from each other, cool off and then are back on good terms a while later.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Hm we fight a lot, he called me names and would hit me,(if I don't stay out of his face)over little argument or provocation. He has a bad temperament. So most times, I try not to argue with him. Apart from that, my DH is the most wonderful man to be with.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We had been fighting a lot a few months back, but things got a whole lot better, and now we are back to how we always have been, rarely fighting!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010