Has your school turned into a discipline free zone?

I found this column interesting. I know a few years ago, when I wrote a child up for swearing, the parent called and stated that since they allowed their child to swear at home, the school shouldn't punish them for swearing at school and the assistant principal revoked the detention. Are schools turning into discipline free zones because parents won't back the school?

http://www.rosemond.com/9809.html

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in

• shoutingY E S

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Wow! That's crazy.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• just about. There is absolutely no accountability. The worst case serious is the are suspended. Suspended? Those were the best days of my high school career!
    Anonymous

• I love John Rosemond's books and articles
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Some schools if the admin. doesn't have the cojones to implement discpline. And that goes for teachers as well as students. Admin. should back up teachers in displine. and FOLLOW THROUGH with all.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• There is no accountability anymore. The parents don't/won't discipline their little darlings and they don't want the school doing it either.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, my son's high school definatley disciplines the kids, when they have to but it is rare.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• This is why you have kids that are growing up with no respect for themselves, or anybody else. They have no respect for authority, they couldn't care less about getting an education or getting a job. Because the schools have no authority to discipline, and the parents don't want to take the time to discipline, it has gotten completely out of hand, you get where to monkeys are running the zoo. I had a big argument today with a 26 year old man, who is still living with Mommy and Daddy. He was pissed because his mother and I share a phone plan, she pays for his phone. We are switching to a better plan for all 4 people that have phones on it, and he was pissed that he is going to be limited to using 1g on his phone! Altogether we get 4g so each of us has 1g! I told him he can have my 1g so he'll have 2g to use! ON HIS PHONE! I also told him that when he pays the bill, he can have some input! Or go buy himself a computer!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My DS school kid's get away w/ certain things. My DS told me kid's don't get in trouble for fitting. IDK. Dress code they are strict. HS is more strict than JR. High. Different principal but same building.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010