What do you think of this blog post?

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 2:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• LeanneC

Comment by LeanneC (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with her as long as she's not pushy about it. Based on what I read, I think she's speaking from the heart about what she cares about most. She just wants to get the word out and there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to hear the message, then don't listen.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I thought it was good,we do need people out there to care.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• She says, "In almost every activist is someone who has had issues or scares in the places they speak against the most." And I think sometimes that's true. Those experiences can skew people's views. There are calculated risks in life, we all take them. It's about reducing them as much as we can. When someone has had a traumatizing experience it may change the level of what they consider an acceptable risk. But that doesn't mean the rest of world will share that view. So sometimes people come across as completely paranoid and unreasonable because they have a different perspective.

On the other hand, some activists really do seem to have a superiority complex. I firmly believe using scare tactics and cramming information down people's throats drives more away from a cause than to it.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 4:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I thought it was a good article.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010