How do I teach my son to properly wipe?

My son is 4 1/2 years old and still can't properly wipe when going number 2. Any suggestions? I have tried teaching him and telling him how to do it but he either doesn't want to or he leaves stuff behind. I want him to be able to do it on his own before school next year.

proudlilmom0151

Asked by proudlilmom0151 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My Son is almost 3 1/2 and He's still working on it (He has been potty trained for just over a year). I could still use some advice! lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Make a game out of it. I know it sounds like a dumb idea but it works. Its how I taught my boys how to aim as well. I gave them targets to aim at and made it into a game to see if they could beat their own high scores.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wish I knew! I'm trying to get my daughter to do the same thing! She still runs out of the bathroom, bare-assed, asking me to wipe for her.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Try the flushable moist wipes and tell him to wipe until it's white! My daughter just figured out when it was time but I have a feeling my son will be a different story! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• the flushable wipes are good, just stress to him that he only needs one
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Why don't you try letting him use wet naps in the bathroom. They clean better.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010