Tell my mom to grow up??

My mother has never been just that. she moved out with her kids father and partying it up. they now have less income and lost everything. the father works but im ALWAYS!! having to watch my lil sis & bro and provide expenses for them they mis behave badly and i have to do the discipline and it kills me i dont want to i want to be their sister , how do i tell my mom to take care of her responsibility? like fix her wrk schedule so she watches them not me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• she left her kids father, and the kids and father have to live in a camper at his mothers house
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Please call Child Protective Services in you area-your family needs professional help and there are some great social workers who can help you decide what is the best thing for you & your family. Remember they do have support systems for you to fall back on and you need to call and get the process started for you & your siblings! Good luck honey, you sound like a very dedicated & loving sister but you are not the parent, nor should you be forced to be one at such a young age! Please stay in touch and let us know how it works out-don't give up!
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 3:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah, Calling CPS sounds like the right thing to do. This shouldnt be a burden to you.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I really hate the child protection system and kids who enter the foster care system are 600 times more likely to be abused by foster parents...I have heard more horror stories then I have heard positive ones. Call your local housing redevelopment housing and ask for help getting those kids into low income housing. Your stressed out and need to find support. You can call human services and ask them for help but tell them you want the family to stay intact, there are support programs out there...you just need to find out what your resources are thats all. Things will get better.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010