Ever bought food stamps from someone?

how much cash for how much in benefit? No bashing you have no idea what our's or anyone else's situation is. If you never have SKIP IT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• what do they want the cash for. some people find themselves in a spot where they may need the cash. i know someone who had state insurance but it did not cover her childs med. she called everyone she could and no one had the funds at the time to help. her child needed the meds. so she sold some i think she sold dollar for dollar to a friend. the friend only had money for her children to eat that wk. so it came out fair to them all. i hate to hear about people taking advantage and pay a little for alot. i mean you get 0 tax on food purchaced with foodstamps as it is. so your getting that much of a deal already. if they sell them for other reasons think about their kids sitting at home hungry because you saved some money by getting their stamps. if your selling and doing it for good reasons and your kids dont go without i have no issue with you. you have to do what is best for your kids.your right nobody knows you or ur reason.
    sttawardnas

Answer by sttawardnas at 2:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• food stamps are on a card.. how can you buy them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That's what I was going to ask, how can you buy foodstamps when your benefit is on an EBT card. I don't think anywhere has paper foodstamps anymore.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope, that's illegal and if you get caught, the other person can lose their benefits and the person who used the card can be fined. My best friends DH did this, thinking he was helping out his friend and my best friend was royally ticked off that he put them in that position.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Illegal! Good lord.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It is Illegal.. why would anyone want to put a friend in that position.. not good for either party. If you need help with money I suggest contacting the United Way.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• you go shopping with the person. You get your groceries they pay you had over the cash. Or they give you the card and the pin adn you shop and return the card with cash. A friend of mine does this all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope, it's illegal. That means it's wrong no matter the reason.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I did it 20 yrs a go when they were regular food stamps...a friend of mine told me she would give me $50 for $30 cash...after she told me what she needed to buy, I gave in and did the switch....then she had the nerve to ask me if I know where she can buy any drugs (my husband at the time was doing drugs so she knew I could answer the question).....I was so pissed I didn't talk to her for 2 years after that
    Anonymous