Should I tell them what is going on?? adult content

They found "something" in my mammogram. I have a appointment to get more x-rays and a sonogram done... I know this doesn't mean what cancer but then this is the time of year that my family get on my back about the mammograms and the fact at my age my mother was already having years of chemo..

So I have not told anyone....... No one.... Don't even know why I am writing this is could just be nothing......

My daughters will freak out and the truth is we have had so much bad news lately...
with a family member being shot and killed. Normal family drama where they just love to fight each other......... sigh...........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• They told my aunt the found something too in hers. The day they went for a biopsy there there nothing there to biopsy.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Its a stress full thought... I would just hang in there until you know for sure like you said no need to worry everyone untill you know for sure. Maybe close friend or significant other so you have some one to talk to and gets support from. I lost both my parents to cancer so i know the scary thought. I wish you the best of luck.....
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 2:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• How you tell your kids depends on how old they are. However, you should share this with some of the people in your life soon.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You had a good reason to write this. Because you have not told anyone in your family, you need someone to listen to your story. I'm sorry that you are going through such tragedies, but I would wait to tell them. I know this must be hard, keeping secrets from your family, but if it turns out to be nothing, it will only cause more stress in a family that is stressed already. I suggest that you do talk to someone. If you have a sister you can talk to that will keep it a secret, or a church friend. You do need someone close to you that you can get this off your chest. My family is so bad, if I tell anyone, other than my DH, a secret, everyone in the family will know by the end of the day. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Wait until you have more information. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No need to freak them without knowing for sure. I'd wait unless they ask specifically.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Well I know this will not calm your nerves but every single time I get a mamo they find something. I have to go back for more scans. I do tell my daughters just something simple "more mamo scans" ... If they ask me more questions I tell them this happened the last three times too.
    Hopefully all is well and you won't have to deal with this like I do. Once extra scan and you will be done. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2010