Boyfriend told best friend "shes trying to loose weight" embarrsing!!

i guess his best friend asked how i was doing and told him im trying to loose weight. and i was kinda. now on thanxgivivn he will see i didnt and now fatter than before. really embarrassing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I HATE when my ex used to discuss my weight with his brother - even if it was a "She looks great! She's lost some weight!". Ew. I don't want to be scrutinized.  Bleh.  A simple "she's doing fine - I'll tell her you said hi" works for me.  LOL.  I mean, how would he feel if my friend asked about him and I said, "Oh, he's fine.  He's trying to do better in the bedroom" or whatever.  GEEZ!

BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• if you go on a diet & exercise now you might be able to loose 5 pounds by thanksgiving
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• :( Try not to worry about what other people think of you, it's your own opinion that matters, do your best today to take care of yourself and eat right & exercise & be as healthy as you can. He and his friend aren't perfect either, are they? No one is.. we all have our insecurities, men are just loathe to admit to them.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• omg that would embarrass me too!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good point Beth.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i get upset too even when sometime my hubby try's to talk to me about it...stuff like that is just personal to me...I know what you mean... it sucks especially when they mean well it just sounds mean coming out there mouths sometimes
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 2:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That was very bad of him, but all the same, develop a positive self - esteem, once you feel good about yourself, no amount of talk can make you feel bad. Nobody is perfect.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 2:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would be embarrassed too. Hugs!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am sorry that is really hurtful and I am sure you BF wasn't trying to be a jerk-sometimes guys are just dumb like that. If you haven't already told him about the subject of your weight is off limits then I definitely would do so, nicely. I would even use the bedroom comparison like BethLopez said. As far as Thanksgiving goes, just make the yunniest feast ever so everyone stuffs themselves silly and no one will be thinking about your weight. Remember we notice the extra weight on ourselves more than anyone else ever will so I doubt he would even notice anyway!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010