Do any of you have anorexic issues related to being abused or raped?

& not because you want to be prettier & thinner? Can you give me any words of advice regarding what has helped you eat when you are feeling hurt or stressed and just simply do NOT want to eat? I am not looking for advice from anyone who hasn't been there please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• Yes I have been there....I cut out entire food groups and would go through periods of time that all food would make me sick....this espically happened to me right after wards however it continued for several years after the fact...and there are still some food groups I will not eat....For example it was after my rape that I stopped eating all red meat and I still will not eat it and we are almost 9 years later now. Unfortunately, there is not much advice I can give you....I know that eating can make you feel worse some times and often makes you feel nausious after an event like this....the best thing I can tell you is to eat things that you know you like and don't stress yourself out too much when you are trying to eat. If it makes you nervous to eat with other people, (This was a problem I had) Don't do it for now but try to work back up to it after a while.
    If you continue to struggle with this you might want to look.....
    charmed20023

Answer by charmed20023 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• for a good counselor....I don't know where you are but in a lot of towns there are free rape and violence counselors, if you need them...Sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but you can PM me if you need too....I am so sorry for what has happened to you and I hope you find peace soon :)
    charmed20023

Answer by charmed20023 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010