What would your DH/SO do if they ran out of gas?

I am so pissed off at my husband right now. He had things to do before he and his little brother went hunting. They had to run into town for bullets. Well they were gone awhile and we are going to his moms later so I got in the shower. Just as I turned off the water DS comes in with my cell. Then the house phone starts ringing. I tell DS to get it. I am soaking wet. It keeps ringing. I get out out with a towel on and see that the phone is on the window ledge, DS can't reach it. Well my husband was pissed, I had 2 missed calls on the cell and a VM, the house phone rang two seperate times before i could get it. He was yelling at me for not having the phones with me. He wanted me to run a gas can to him. He called as I was getting ready to walk out the door, then again as I was getting the can out of the barn, heard the phone ringing in the house, went inside to get it. Too late, cell ringing in the car. Not my fault he ran out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Why didn't he just call roadside assistance? That's what it's there for. Your DH sounds like a jerk if he got mad at you for something that was completely his fault!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• AAA - have him call them
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband used to run out of gas all of the time. I'll partially blame it on his OLD car not having a gas light, but he always charted how many miles he would get a gallon. So i'll chalk it up to laziness.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That's exactly why I went and got AAA. Men can be such BUTTHEADS!!! LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband would call me. Even if it was 3 in the morning. Which sucks when you have to load up 3 kids at that time to run to a gas station to fill up a can to bring it to him. But I had no problems doing it for him and he would do that same for me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Well first of all my dh would not run out of gas. We always fill up vehicles when it gets down to 1/4 of tank. Plus the gas light would have dinged.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My DH would walk to the closest gas station, buy a gas can (even though we have like 2) and gas. He has had to do that before. Luckily we live in the city and there are gas stations on like every corner.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010