Anyone on here have their tubes tied??

I am 27 and have three beautiful children. I have an iud but am considering having it taken out as i am having issues with it...I got pregnant with my 10 year old while i was on the pill and my 5 year old was immediatly after stopping depo because of weight gain...nothing else really suits my needs and i am afraid it wont work...lol...i'm considering getting my tubes tied...is this a good idea???

mikenjess

Asked by mikenjess at 2:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• I had mine ties at the same time as my daughters c-section. I am happy with my choice. I was 27 at the time. The ob dd give me a bit of a hard time because of my age. So I had to wait it out and be 'informed' about my choice. I was given all the statistics and made aware that the failure rate is higher the younger you are I was told the chances of reversal diminish with time and I was offered several less permeate alternatives. I had to sign a paper saying I was informed of all of this. I am turning 30 this year and have not regretted my choice yet. Just make sure to think it through. you will know what is best.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had mine done. It was the right thing for me. Hope you find peace with whatever you decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i got my tubes tied in dec of 2002
    dakotachrismom

Answer by dakotachrismom at 2:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have had my tubes tied for 17 years. Best thing i ever did
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You are too young to make this radical decision, life has a way of turning full circle, don't do it just yet.

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had my tubes tied 4yrs ago when my last child was born (I turned 36 that day). Both my hubs and I were 100% sure that when that last child would be born our family would finally complete and we did not want to have any more children. We talked about birth control, vasectomy and tubal and we both felt that a tubal was the best way for us to go. My last child was a planned c-section so I had my tubal done at the same time. I am happy with my decision and I do not regret it. If you are not sure, I would suggest you talk to your ob/gyn and find out all the pros/cons to a tubal, and also find out what other options are available for you. Then once you have all the facts you can sit down with your husband and talk about it and see what you think would be best for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Not that i dont love kids but i already have three and my life is complete in that aspect as far as me and my husband are concerned. I have 1 girl and two boys and i have nieces and nephews that i babysit and if something "accidently" happened lol...i would love that baby as much as the other three but like the fact that i am a young mom and that when my three are all grown up i will still be able to keep up with their little ones when the come...hopefully lol....
    mikenjess

Comment by mikenjess (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You have to dig deep and find out within yourself if you really want to get your tubes tied and talk to your husband and make sure you both agree on you getting your tubes tied its not an easy decision to make... Think long and hard can you afford more kids? Can you emotionally invovle yourself fully into another child? Do you really not want anymore kids ever....? I was 26 when I had mine done it was the best decision I made :) for my family... Im 29 now and am Happy I got it done If you wanna know anything else PM :) Maria
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I got my tubes tied at 26. I wasn't having any trouble getting pregnant. It was clock work had one every two years. I just couldn't handle another one. Some people end up regretting it. I was happy with it though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I suggest looking into Essure instead. Tubal ligations and vasectomies can self reverse without your knowledge.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 4:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010