I sent my son to his first b-day party without me there! Do you think he's OK?

He is a a very happy kid,but sometimes he just doesn't know his personal space. I explained it to the mom. I just have this feeling that something is going to happen. I Think that he needs to have time without mom being around so that he can know how to think about how to deal with things on his own. Am I wrong? He has a mild form of Aspergers. The doc don't want to put it on paper, but he really thinks thats what he has. He also has ADHD.....

Be101

Asked by Be101 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think he will be just fine. You let the other mom know, I'm assuming she has your contact info in case something happens. I'm sure she'll call you if something comes up!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think fine and having a good time. The other mom would call if problem. Or to put your mind at ease if have the phone number to the party I see no problem calling to check on your son.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If he doesn't have "on paper" an Asperger's diagnosis, then he does not "have" Asperger's.

He's probably having a very nice time. And even if everything isn't just perfect, I'm sure there are some good parts to the event.
    Anonymous

• How old?

Answer by older at 2:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• He is 8
    Be101

Comment by Be101 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thanks
    Be101

Comment by Be101 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I agree with MommaofH2. I hope it goes well!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• im sure he is just fine and having fun if you need you can always call the other mom just to see how he is doing
    mommy223326

Answer by mommy223326 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• im sure he'll be ok gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• he has been sent to specialist that deal with asperger's and we don't want to close the door on the diagnosisbut his doc said that he has it!!! I really don't think you know my son well enough to know if he does. I don't wish this on any mother. My son is a gift too me and I love everything about him even his Asperger's. He has other issues that come with asperger's and that's why he don't want  to rule it out. But his words was that he has it......I wish the best for him. He is  JOY!

Be101

Comment by Be101 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010