how to use this site

Hi I'm new here and this site seems very complicated to me. I've tried changing my avitar and playing the scavenger game, both to no avail. Could someone pls help? ty

savedbygrace196

Asked by savedbygrace196 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Here's how to upload a profile picture: 1. Click on the "Change Avatar/Edit Your Photo" link underneath your profile picture. 2. On the next page, click the "Browse..." button and select photo you want to upload. The photo should be saved somewhere on your computer. 3. Once you've selected the photo you want, click the "Preview Photo" button. The new and old photos will appear at the bottom of the page. 4. If you're happy with your photo, click on the "Save Changes" button.

http://www.cafemom.com/faqs/view.php?question_id=12&category_id=3

I don't play the scavenger game, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Welcome to Cafemom!! Honestly it is really hard to explain how to navigate this vast site, the only thing I can tell you is just explore and eventually you will get use to it. But of course if you have specific questions, please feel free to ask. As for changing your avatar, hover your mouse over the "Home" tab at the top left, click on "personal details", enter password if needed, then click on "Photo/Avatar" on left side of page. Follow directions from there. Not sure what to say about the Scavenger Hunt game, what problem are you having?

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• This will help you.  Changing your avatar

Reading some of the Journals might help you as well. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help! Just send me a message:)

You can find additional tips on using CafeMom here:
    The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations... 

I hope you're enjoying the site!!

Cafe Robin

Answer by Cafe Robin at 3:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• tks so much y'all for all ur help! ~Shanlaree, that's exactly what I did. I spent a good hr or so on here just looking around. I finally got a profile pic posted and found two wonderful groups on here. I love this site!
    savedbygrace196

Comment by savedbygrace196 (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You might want to check out the FAQs. The link is at the bottom of the page. That should answer a lot of questions you have.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010