Do you have a kitchen playset for your kids?

I am trying to decide on gifts for my kids (almost 5, almost 2 and another on the way) and stumbled across a pretty nice kitchen set for a good price. I was thinking that Santa could bring it for both kids thus avoiding the "it's mine" syndrome down the road. So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else has had a kitchen set and how did your kids like it? Also what kind of "accessories" did you get? Any info would be great!

Erica912

Asked by Erica912 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• i got one for my oldest for Christmas when she was two. she loved it! i believe it's made by "step 2" atleast that's what it says on the fridge door lol. it came with pots and pans (that actually make sizzling and boiling noises on the stove) and a few plates. i also went to walmart and bought her a $5 teaset for her to use with it that way she'd have more plates, spoons, etc. now she's four and i also now have a 2 year old and a 10 month old and everyone still plays with it! great buy imo!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My sister and I got a shared kitchen set for Christmas one year, we each got our own sets of dishes/cookware and we both loved it and manged to play it together (and get along too!). My 2nd son inherited that kitchen when he was little and he loved it! My 3rd got his own kitchen (cause the other was trashed by the time he came along) and he really enjoyed playing with his. We bought the boys a toy microwave, dishes sets, many play food sets, a shopping cart... and one even got a toy broom/dustpan as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sure do one of their favs~
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my kids loved theirs
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yup. We got one when they were about 3 and 4 AND they still play with it (5/7 now).
    A set of dishes/cookware, and some play food and they are set for ages.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yes love it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Both mine play with theirs all the time. I bought the food set, dishes set, and a shopping cart to go with.
    momofthree109

Answer by momofthree109 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We have one. We have lots of food, utensils, pots and pans.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 5:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• we have one, my DD loves it!
    jm14879

Answer by jm14879 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010