Do you cook one day and plan to eat two meals from it?

Like roast beef, then roast beef hash? I love to do this. Tell me what you do.

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes! great way to save money and save time. The other day I bought a whole chicken. I cooked it, split it in half, used one half for dinner that night, the other half for a different meal, saved all the bones and made chicken stock for another meal
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i do that, i will make big casseroles, or the same with roast but i use the leftovers for soup or barbecue sandwiches and also with pork loin or roast, huge pots of soup, big batches of meat balls or double meatloaf.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sometimes. I can use the leftover roast and make stir fry from it. Leftover grilled steak or chicken makes great fajitas the next day. Sometimes I even take the leftover meat, slice it or cube it, vacuum seal it in my food saver and take it out when I want to cook it again. Or sometimes, I don't even slice it and we can have roast beef again for lunch or something.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, I freeze half and then use it on the nights I work. I do pulled pork, lasagne, swedish meatballs, and mac and cheese.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• We plan meals for every night. Sometimes we have leftovers for lunch the next day.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Do this with lasagna, stuffed shells and roast beef.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I do this often with pizza, chili, soups, stews, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010