Does Planned Paranthood give free birth control?

I have Medical (the California version of Medicaid) but I don't have the card anymore so I can't go to the doctor to get the birth control I would like to have. I am in the process of replacing the card but it is going to take awhile. Can I go to Planned Parenthood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• condoms,yes,otherwise its based on income

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• In my state they will give you free condoms. It's usually an assortment of varieties. I usually recv'd a brown paper lunch bag full - about 25 to 30.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes they do based on your income. But have you ever tried looking for like a health department or clinic. For example, before I got pregnant i would go to the Department of Health here in Las Cruces, NM and I would get my paps, birth control and std testing all done for free. I did not have Planned Parenthood at the time or any type of insurance. So try looking into something like. There more helpful (I think) because Planned Parenthood kind of limits you on certains things based on your income.
    new_mommie_2b

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 11:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Y^es they do if you do not have a income.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 3:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I never gave income information when I went in. They did a pap and gave me the pill.

That was a few years ago though.
    Anonymous

• It seems would so.

"As of 2 years ago I was still going to Planned Parenthood, I'm 27. As long as you are low income and being that your a college student then you will fall under that. All you'll have to do is go to your local Planned Parenthood and fill out the proper paper work and you'll be good to go. Good luck and I'm glad to know that your protecting yourself, don't forget condoms!"

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• ^^^ It would seem so. ^^^ LOL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Take in the past two years of tax returns, and they should do all services on a "sliding scale" according to your income, no matter your age. I've been using my town's version of Planned Parenthood since I graduated college nearly 15 years ago, rather than going to a local Dr. for yearly exams.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, and even if you do make enough money that you have to pay, it's some teeny amount. When I was 18 and going there, they charged me like 3 bucks a month for pills.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• normally they give out free condoms, and then they check income for other birth control methods..
    jojo153

Answer by jojo153 at 3:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2010