More to life than Sex? TMI...maybe! adult content

Okay, my hubby recently told me, "I'm fine with not having sex. I think there's really more to life than sex!" I am going crazy now thinking like we're never gonna do it again!!! We've been married just 4 years. I hope that he's not done already!!! :P He told me, "I mean, think about it....there really is more to life than SEX!!!"

BBorjas83

Asked by BBorjas83 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he now realizes that there is more to married life than what goes on between the sheets. I agree with him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• First, find  out the reason why he feels this way. This is something that you guys really need to talk about. And if he continues to stick to the same old same old saying, then invest in a very good virbrator. LOL

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Im with him, there is more to life and marriage then sex.

Id ask him flat out if that means we were through with intimacy. Odds are it doesnt mean that, he just finally came to the realization himself LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Lol, Mine is the same way. Don't get me wrong we have a good sex life...but thats only because I am the one pushing it,lol. He could go forever without ever having sex again. Nothing wrong with him, and he is still very affectionate and flirty with me. Sex is just a big deal to him.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 3:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Relax hon...I recently went through this too.
    Guys go through sexual cycles (highs and lows) like women do.
    And I don't mean the sexual peak age (in their teens vs. us in our 30's)...I mean they go
    through periods of simply "not being interested" just like women do.
    It could be do to "too much being on his mind" or being hormonally male,
    But usually, typically it passes.
    If not and it last longer then a month (I know that sounds like a long time!) then you should
    approach him about your feelings (so you don't develope a feeling of inadequecy) and maybe talk
    about Rx and counseling.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I also should add that lack of sexual interest can be a symptom of male (and female) depression.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• maybe he has a lot going on... it does hinder their sex drive but and i agree with Missikat75 alot of things can factor into it.. but is it more of a you two have sex ALLLLLLL the time or did that just come out of no where. but if my dh told me this i would be worried also.. maybe not worried but more of a ???? hurt?? i guess that would be how to describe it.. but i would reply with .. yea sure honey youre right but why not enjoy sex and life ?
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i think you should definately talk to him and ask him what he means by that...does he not want to have sex at all anymore, or just not as often? why does he feel this way? what has changed? a long discussion is definately in order because i think theres more to it than he's saying. if all is good in his life (relationship, work, finances, etc) then sex should follow naturally. maybe he feels like you're pressuring him too much or maybe he feels inadequate because he's been having some sexual issues lately.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Wow, thank you for everyone's advice....I haven't really talked to him about it....and yes, I kind of think he thinks we were going crazy like bunnies for a while there....maybe it's time to take a breather! And work has been quite stressful for him lately, especially with the upcoming holidays! He's in retail...super stressful! :0)
    BBorjas83

Comment by BBorjas83 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Maybe he's using reverse psychology on you! Maybe he thinks if he tells you he doesn't want it, it will make your drive go up lol. Since he announced his epiphany, I wouldn't worry too much. He may just not have realized there IS more to life than sex before now lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010