christmas in the mail

i am over a thousand miles from my dad and my husbands family. should i go home for the holidays or send gifts in the mail. i cant pay for the trip and gifts to. and i know they wouldnt help with the cost.

sttawardnas

Asked by sttawardnas at 3:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• send gifts

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• go home! I'm sure they would much rather see you and have you home for the holidays as their gift than to get gifts!! Family time is much more meaningful than some gift!!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You could either mail gifts for them, o rjust go without gifts. Maybe you just being there would mean more to them than you sending gifts.

I know that if it came down to it, I'd want my daughter to be with us for Christmas rather than spend her money on some presents.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you are all one big loving family then your visit could be your gift. I'd rather get a hug than get a gift.. JMO
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Go home- your time together can be the gift, it's much more valuable than any material item you could buy!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Is there any chance that you could go and bring small packed gifts? Even something like gloves, or a handmade something-or-other.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• we really are not that close. and i know me nieces and nep. would be glad to see me but there is no one there that i am close to other than the kids. i dont know. i worry that if i do go back all the people will have gifts but my kids. my husbands family didnt buy for my kids the five years we lived in florida. they just spent it on extra for the kids that was there. now my mother in law has three of her grandkids living with her. it will be hard either way.
    sttawardnas

Comment by sttawardnas (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Just send gifts ...
    If you can and so can your family, try video cam Holiday.... set up a time on Thanksgiving to connect via
    web cam and you can see family then and they you...
    I honestly would not spend that kind of money to go to family if I was not that close to them in the first place...
    Spend the time with you, Dh and your children together at home... start your own Holiday traditions... have family
    COME to YOUR house instead of you doing the traveling or rotate the traveling from yr to yr starting with all of them
    coming to your house this yr...

Good Luck and Above all Enjoy your Holiday Season...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Last year my kids came home. We didn't give out present. I was just happy that all my kids came home.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you aren't close then I would just send gifts.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010