2 year old has trouble with stoole being too hard and difficulty releasing

ninich

Asked by ninich at 3:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Prunes, water, juice... all this can help. Lay off bananas and bread product. Good mix of veggies... if it keeps happening talk to the dr but its usually a diet issues since they are so picky.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My girl has the problem to and the doctor has her on mulalax and that seems to help. Plus juice and water would help. Plus if potty trained when going potty they say us a bench to put her legs up. If not potty trained lay on back and pump her feet like riding a bicycle. If not then check with a doctor. Food that is high in fiber. Like fiber bread, cereal, I even use the fiber pancake mix. My girl is 5 and lots of problems and even told her to take a little exlax and even the fiber gummies help.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I give DD frosted mini wheats and sometimes the x lax chocolate chews
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Licorice and Miralax (we got a perscription from her pedi)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• veggies, veggies, veggies, beans, brown rice, no white carbs, no fruit juice, but fruit with skin, cut waaay back on dairy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my son had that problem doctor wrote him aprescription n said if it continue late on just to get miralax n give him apple juice ... so far so good it works we give him 2 cups of apple juice a day
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010