i had the slap face disease when i was little, would that have any afect on my baby?

i was reading the "if you get sick" chapter in a pregnancy book and it had a little information on slapface, also known as fifth disease and some other name but i dont remember it. i'm 26 or 27 weeks pregnant and wonder if my having had this when i was little, around 2 or 3, would hurt my baby or anythign. i still get a bright red face if i am too hot and i was told that was because of it.

Jessibear2010

Asked by Jessibear2010 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• Fifth's disease is a very common childhood disease, in fact that is what it's name if Fifth's disease. About 60% of adults have already had the disease and are now immune to it. It can only cause complication is you have the disease while you are pregnant. There are no known lasting effects.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Baby will be fine. Like layh said, it's only harmful if you have it while pregnant. The fact that you had it as a child is actually a safeguard because you won't be affected if you are exposed now. Or, at least in my case it was because I had such a severe case as a child.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have never heard of this, do you mind if I ask what does it entail?
    mommyharmon

Answer by mommyharmon at 3:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• what does entail mean? :P I'm not the best at fancy words.
    Jessibear2010

Comment by Jessibear2010 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010