How long does it take?

How long should it take to get an election winner? (if there are no 2000-like shenanigans of course) I am in the eastern time zone, so I probably won't know until wednesday morning? I can't remember from the last election if I knew that night or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't remember either...They have been split the last few times....You can have the popular vote and loose because of the electoral votes. The races of past have been way tooooo close. Due because of that reason. So, not sure....
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Here is a helpful little chart. http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022008/photos/news004a.jpg It gives you an idea of what time the polls close in the key states and what will happen if they are won by each candidate.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Its closer to midnight or could be longer b/c of problems etc. I remember back even when Nixon won. Can't remember much about politics before then.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• this election might take a bit since a lot of the polling methods are new and glitchy.
    you most likely wont know until early morning hours like 2 or 3 ET.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It was 3AM before we knew...I stayed up for the entire thing...Florida was the last to come in and it was the waying state
    AbbysAunt1

Answer by AbbysAunt1 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008