Getting pregnant after a hysterosplinogram

My OB advised me that trying to get pregnant the same month that I have my HSG is maybe not the best. She didn't have any reasons for why this could be a problem and I have read on various sites about some women being encouraged to BD the week of having their HSG as they are ovulating and the procedure can clear any 'sludge' that may be in the fallopian tubes enabling the to sometimes conceive shortly after.
Have you ever had the procedure, and been given the go ahead to BD for conception the same month by your OB or health practitioner and had a successful pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• She said it may not be the best idea, but that isn't quite the same as saying you must wait XXX amount of time. If you want to try then by all means go for it. unless of course your doctor can offer up some solid reason not to.
    Anonymous

• I had one, and we BDd that week, but nothing. They started me on Clomid later that month, took it for 4 months and still nothing. Please let me know if you hear of anything that might help, I am so tired of all of this.
    mommyharmon

Answer by mommyharmon at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think we will try BDing this week anyway as I will be ovulating later this week and don't want to miss an opportunity to conceive. I have read nothing on the internet that says I shouldn't try to conceive the same month that I have the hysterosplinogram (which is today!)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• UPDATE! As of yesterday (11 DPO), I am pregnant! I did conceive the week of having my HSG test. Had the test on Monday and BD'ed on Wednesday and Friday (looks like I 'O' on Saturday). I have taken two tests and they are both positive so hoping that this little bean sticks and that we have a healthy baby in August!
    All that we did differently this month was BDing a couple of days before ovulation as well as on the day that I had the EWCM and positive OPK. I also decided to try and relax and take some time for myself. The week prior to ovulation, I had a massage one day and a facial and neck and shoulder massage a few days later. Both DH and I have been taking MacaSure since September too so maybe all of this has helped.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010