What do you do when your son 15 years old call u the b.... word and cusses on you?

I had blocked his cell phone meaning he cannot text nor phone anyone.
I also have locked him out of his room for the weekend at least. Because he has been going out too much lately with our neighbor friend ( a kid who is 14).
I have told him to live out in the street ( of course I am just being sarcastic) so he would know how to be a homeless person because he always seem to be just want to hang out with his friends. I incidentally locked up his bike and scooter as well, if he would like to go out then just walk. This is all after he had this outburst.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would figure out why he thought that language was acceptable behavior, then explain to him why it's not. Then, I would ground him (no TV, no video games, no cell phone, no computer, no hanging out w/friends etc) until he shows some respect for you.
    Natalies3girls

Answer by Natalies3girls at 4:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'll probably get voted down on this, but a good, attention-getting smack in the mouth is what he'd get if he were mine. 15 years old? He's almost a man, and certainly old enough to know better. Then, I'd let my husband deal with him. Then, the grounding. Completely unacceptable. I'm assuming that that type of language is not typically used within your home.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If it was my son. I would have done a lot of what you did, but lock him out if the house. I would have took everything out of his room but his bed dresser and cloths. After all that I would have told him. "How much of a B**** am I now?

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I voted up Louise's answer. I TOTALLY agree! When my little brother was 14 he started hanging around with a 15 year old, kind of the reverse of your situation.

Mom told him one day that he had to pick up his room as the realtor was going to be bringing some people by to see the house and he said "I ain't cleaning it up, bitch! I don't wanna friggin' move!!"

Mom took his Super Nintendo away, took away his handheld basketball game, his skateboard, his bike, his tv, called ALL of his friend's mothers and said that he was NOT to be at their houses for a WEEK. Made him sit outside on the back porch until dad got home from work. The last thing she said when he came back in and saw everything gone was "If you thought before I was a b-- well, now I really will be one." He came home after school every day, had to do laundry, mow the lawn, help with dinner and take out the trash.

Now he's a grown man who respects women.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I liked all the answers given so far, and really cant think to add any more except for a written (not texted) sincere apology to you for the disrespect he showed you! Since he wont have other fun things to take up his free time, then finding the time to do that (among a butt-load of other chores) shouldn't be a problem then. Nip it now mom before he even thinks about acting out again. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My mom pretty much kicked my brother's ass when he got like that. It's an unfortunate phase they seem to go through sometimes. My brother is 25 and still has a damn attitude but mom just ignore him when he gets nasty..
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thanks you all. i heard wht i needed to hear. Yes i really felt like slaping him, but he is taller thn me now. Yes i did mention the apology and he answered I am not going to apologize because I did not start it. I also forgot to mention that I id lock up his xbox, and I m giving away the TV to the the thrift store. The only thing I have not done is talk to the parent of that guys he hangs out with. And tell them my situation right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I somehow don't think the other parents are going to care. I would NOT lock him out of his room, but everything else I would do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have been through this with my teen. Confiscate ALL electronics, no going out, etc. The internet/texting addiction is very powerful, an apology will soon be coming your way.

My thoughts are with you sister, rock on!!!
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• His room would be empty i would take everything i could possibly take out of his room that makes his life comfortable!
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 10:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010