safe to get pregnant at 35?

my dh and i are thinking about having our last baby, we are 32 and 34 but afraid to get preg because of our ages, not cuz we will be old, cuz of health issues with baby, anyone else get preg at 34 and have healthy babies, and what should i start doing now to prepare to get preg so i do have healthy baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not me but my MOM got pregnant at 35 and 36. Her last two kids are 36wks to the day apart and they are both healthy. My sister is 8 and my brother turns 9 today.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I don't think you have anything to worry about. As long as you are in decent health, you should be fine. My mom had her last baby at 37 with no problems. I'm already in my 30's and will probably be having another one about that age. I'm not worried.

Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I am trying to get pregnant again and I am 36 going on 37. When I discussed the issue with my ob about advanced maternal age, he said that he considers it to be closer to the age of 40. My friend had her first baby right after she turned 36 and he is great, and she is trying for number 2 and she will be 37 in 5 months..

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have worked with so many moms having babies well into their 40's, even first time babies. So far, so good. People need to remember that 35 is when the risks BEGIN to increase in very minute increments. There can be 20 year olds who have medical problems with high risk pregnancies. Teen pregnancies carry their own risks. Go see a maternity care provider, get checked out and get started on a good diet, prenatals, etc. Good luck!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i will be 38 in march and my daughter will be a year old this wednesday they do alot of test becuz you are older but ya know this was the best pregnancy i had and she is perfect
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I had my first at 32 and my second at 38, both of them are very healthy, I am the one with the health issues and I still managed beautifully. Unless your doctor advises against it, go for it! Take care of yourself and you'll be fine.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008