Lol, Why is my 7mth old infant sitting around and playing with his mouth wide open? :)

It's cute... but why is he doing this? I don't recall my daughter's doing this. He's been doing it for a little over a week now. [He closes it, and doesn't seem to be in pain... but he does it A LOT lately.]

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 5:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe sore throat, but he looks pretty happy and looks very smart, i think that he is messing with you
    lol

wish we got more questions like this with picture of the little ones
    maybe a new section?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It may be that he is conscious of the difference in the feel between open and closed and is just enjoying the sensation. Or he may have a stuffy nose.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• he is very sly and doing this just so you have something to take picture of and write on cafemom questions

lol
    he is adorable!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Maybe he has a stuffy nose.

Answer by louise2 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Could be stuffy nose or sore mouth.........or maybe he likes the feel of it :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Lol, Maybe! I think he IS quite the sly little punk anyways... for instance if he is having tummy time and then decides it's time to be held by mommy... he will start fake coughing and wimpering.... lol, too cute!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010