how long can a daycare provider leave a child on toilet while potty training

tata66

Asked by tata66 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they have to do as the parent says, so as long as the parent says. but the longer you make them sit on the potty the longer it will take to potty train them
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• When I worked at a Center, we could not allow the child to sit on the potty no longer than 5 minutes ...
    There are policies that ea center MUST follow, longer than 5 minutes is to long exp if she is suppose to be
    attending other children also...
    If you are having issues, talk to the head director of the center and get a copy of their policy... also I would express
    your concerns... if there is an issue going on, you MUST stop it before it gets worse...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I also have no particular regulation or rule to follow. It's a discussion you need to have with your provider. :)

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't know if there is a "rule" but my daycare lady will have him try for about 5 minutes... with my son he won't sit that long anyway so it's probably more like 2.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010