why is it bad if the baby poops inside you?

lol i know its gross but alot of moms act like its a dangerous thing, is it??? wat could happen? my son pooped in me when i was pushing him out and hes fine. wat happens if they inhail it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• the poop mixes with the amniotic fluid and they suck it into their lungs.

the docs suction it out.

it can cause infection, breathing problems, and such but if he's OK you don't have anything to worry about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If they aspirate the meconium into their lungs it could cause pneumonia.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• it can get in their lungs,and cause alot of problems,pneumonia,They can actually die,That why ,when if the amniotic fluid has BM in it they start sucking out the babys nose and mouth,before they take that first breath.Glad your baby is fine.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

My DD did this when she was born. They practically beat her sensless in the back with a oxygen mask to get it out of her lungs. Scary :S
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Mine did it the first time. She was okay. But I couldn't have a water birth, because there was a chance she swallowed some.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My second did while I was pusing him out and it got into his ears I had to take him to the doctor a week after for a checkup on his ears to make sure he could hear thankfully he could and my third inhaled it before she was born it sent me to the operating room for and emergency c-section because her heart rate dropped and she was put in NICU for 5 days and was on oxygen for 2 and a respirator.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008