I am having a csection....I am going to pop any day now....What happens if you eat and have t hve a csection pretty quick...They always say u shouldnt eat before hand...So you ate say 3 hrs before...what do they do?

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 5:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you pre-set for a C-sec? If you are, then you are usually admitted into the hospital prior that they
    will monitor your eating...
    The only thing that will happen is that you will or could throw up during the C-sec if you eat to much...
    but usually they pre-set those dates...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If it's truly an emergency situation they would go ahead and do the section. Think about women you've heard of who never expected a c/section. If they have time to wait, they might, a little bit....a couple of hours.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• if it scheduled they will tell you a time you cant eat or drink after. when i was in labor with my second i kept sneaking water, well after 30hrs of labor i finally consented to the csection, and threw up the water on the operating table. it was not pleasant. so if you can avoid eating before i would, but i pigged out that night after she was born...if it is an emergency one though, they will do what is best for you and baby.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• With my last c-section i ate and then boom 1 hour later i was on my way to the hospital. They got the baby out and i thought ohh yea im good i made it and then boom the feeling of sickness hit me. It wasnt that bad. i think the worse part of it all was the liquid diet for the next 24 hours. It was always a guessing game "what kinda broth is this" lol i wish ya lots of luck
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 6:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My second c-section I had something to eat that day. They couldn't put me to sleep. I was awake
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010