how do i get my 1 yr old girl to stop screaming for everything?

my little girl screams all the time when i take away something that shes not suppose to have or when she wants some thing to when i walk out of the room. And if i tell the no she screams louder.

fairy3

Asked by fairy3 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• distract her with soething else...my lil girl does that al the time..just distract her with something.
    kaleysmom

Answer by kaleysmom at 11:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• She's not to young to start using the time out chair. My friend used this and so have I. Though she's still young I would try distracting her first, if that doesn't work then by all means time out. If she won't sit in the chair just keep placing her back in it.
    morthanjustamom

Answer by morthanjustamom at 11:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I'm not against crying it out.. She needs to learn that she can't have everything she wants..
    EmmysMom85

Answer by EmmysMom85 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My kids never did that for long. The key is to remember that kids at this age are very frustrated because they can't communicate the way they would like. One great way to get them not to scream is to show them some basic signs. You ask them you want more and do the sign at the same time.
    Rebeccalynn_dj

Answer by Rebeccalynn_dj at 2:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• record her with a tape recorder and play it back to her and just keep playing it to her until she stops
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Wait she finishes the screaming then tell her you don't understand it , and she wont' get her way because she scream. I always tell my children, big boys don't scream their way out. Not working.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• The best thing to do is ignore her and let her cry it out. It's hard as a mom to listen to your child but she has to know that that method is not going to work. She's starting early with the testing stage. Remember not to scream back even though you want to I'm sure.
    brimarie8

Answer by brimarie8 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2008