Kids loose all sorts of things .... What was the most valuable thing your child(ren) lost?

The other day I was turning the whole house upside down to find a bracelet J. (3) got from her stepsister as a birthday present. It's not gold or covered in diamonds ... but I want her to take good care of it, because later on it'll mean something to her. Luckily I found it! :-) Whew ...

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bought my daughter a 5 pack of new underwear that disappeared. I can't find them anywhere, how do 5 separate pairs of panties disappear? Thankfully nothing too valuable!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Nothing of value to them, but my daughter ran off with my first engagement ring and wedding ring. The set was valued at $3,500. I took them off to shower and then they were gone within 10 minutes. I was hoping they would turn up when we moved but to no avail. Luckily, we took out an insurance policy on them and were reimbursed and got the exact same set. Needless to say, I seldom take my rings off and if I do, it's out of their reach. Lesson learned.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My 9 year old loses money every time I let him carry his own. I tried letting him hold his own cash once a few years ago and he lost it, so since then I've been pretty cautious and we try again about once a year and low and behold every time he loses it. Just last week he tried again when he went to the store with his friends- he lost his whole wallet and everything in it.....ugh- I get upset just thinking about it!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my wallet. My 1yr old in the stage of tgrowing things. So while we shopping he went in my purse and through my wallet out the cart.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• @ skittles: HOw does he do it ....? -Sorry it's that bad. I can imagine how frustrating this must be. But keep trying, try different ways (pockets, wallet around the neck,...) He's nine and soon enough it might frustrate him as well . Kids can be mean. "Aw, isn't mommy giving you pocket money anymore, big baby?" I hope things work out for you guys!

BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I thought mine lost a bill that needed to get mailed out. Turns out she was "keeping it safe" under her extra car seat in her closet.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My keys!
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 8:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010