How do you sell stuff on ebay?

Any info or experiences would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• it's easy once you get over your first few listing.. just don't do like me and ship your stuff on time! i procrastinate too much and end up with bad reviews cause i take too long to ship. if you go to ebay and click "help" at the top of the page they have links there with step by step info.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• The first thing you need to do is RESEARCH what you have. Get all the information you can about what you are selling, what it's worth, how old it is, and anything else you can find - including what similar items are selling for on Amazon, Ebay and other sites...

Second, make sure you have good quality pictures to post! The better the photos & the more detail they show the better.

Third, decide how little you are willing to take for something and set up a reserve if need be (this means if bids don't reach your reserve you keep the item). It costs money to do this, as it does to list the item, but it has saved me a few times because I've been able to get more elsewhere.

Fourth, Write up a product description & make it good... You want someone reading to think they NEED this item, but you also want it to have all the details...

I suggest you post for 3 days, that's worked best for me, but other durations can work too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have sold tons on eBay. Read listings of items similar to what you want to sell to see the details given. Also read the tutorials on eBay to learn all about it. You want to give as detailed and honest a description as possible. You also want to include pictures. I am as honest as I can be so I maintain my good seller rating. Any buyer is going to check out your rating to see buyers' comments. It is easy but there is a lot involved and I would be glad to have you message me about it if you want. The only problem I had was getting burned on shipping costs. I wasn't estimating them good enough. So, I started using the flat rate shipping boxes at the PO and those problems went away. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I try to stay away from ebay, lol. It's easier to post something on craigslist, I think.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do actually have it listed on craigslist while I research this.. thanks everyone. I appreciate it.
    Jambo4

Comment by Jambo4 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010