Is this typical man behavior

my husband doesn't care what I pick to watch on TV or netflix, he sits there and tells me to decide....so I do then he acts bored, telling me that what is on TV is not what he had in mind to watch. I can spend a half an hour trying to find something that will make him happy but yet when I give up and tell him to find something he won't...okay more of a vent, I guess but it is maddening

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• the story of my life...same goes for where we go or what to eat.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Maybe you guys could do something together thats not t.v., then he has not excuse to be bored :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my dh does this too, but in our case I go to bed hours before he does, so he knows he will watch all his shows when I am in bed. But I still know that there is a limit to what I can pick before the heckling begins: girly movie might be ok, but something like "so you think you can dance" is not worth it. Men.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If my Hubby gets the remote, or takes the time to watch TV, he likes only certain things... Mostly BBC, but anyway, if I pick the show he will watch it with me, and usually make fun of it throughout,lol... Probably because most of the time its Desperate Housewives or something like that... He doesn't care really, he's pretty laid back about it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I never get to choose!!! lol
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• lol thats too funny! i guess i have gotten sick of men "crying" about not getting what they want.. when they wont tell me what they want or at least give me a hint that i wouldnt care if he was upset about it. when i ask my hubby what he wants to do he always says you tell me lol i always let him know what i want and majority of the time he is ok with it. now when it comes to movies (he is a movie freak) it is more of me complaining about the stupid movie..(i dont like his types of movies but i dont care if he watches them and i will watch and if i just hate the movie i get up and do something else.. even if its go to bed) but he knows that i cant read his mind and if he doesnt want to do what i want or watch what i want to watch he better speak up bc i wont care after i put it on something. he had his chance lol just tell him if he cant speak up when asked what he wants to watch not to when you pick something.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• then you need to pass the remote and tell him to pick something.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I totally understand ......GGGGGRRRRR!!!!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• hahaa I do pass the remote and he then says "no you pick something"....just another man thing I guess
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• well now that you mention it he is like that way about meals to! I will ask him what he wants he says anything then whines about it when he is eating
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010