Do you Really believe that all men are created equal?

I am not just talking about men, I am asking about women too. Also, do you believe that gay people were born gay, or did they become gay? Are they created equal too?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a sinful human being, and any sinful act I commit is my responsibilty. James 1:12-15:

12Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

If I killed someone, could I just use the excuse that I am a sinner? God forbid! If we claim Christ's name, we have to be obedient to his word. My sexual acts take place within my marriage--- to a MAN. I'm sorry if the way I think disgusts you. It's a mind aligned with the Word of God.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Of course we're all equal. What a sad question to have to ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes we are all equal. We are all equal simply b/c of our common thread of humanity. We are all the same, we are all of the earth and the universe. We all share the same energy. It's amazing really.
    Gay people are born gay. This I know for sure. They are no less equal than the next person. Anyone who says differently is a hateful person, who has deep rooted fears and unsubstantiated reasons to discriminate. We are all equal!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We all come from "one blood".( Acts 17:26) We are all equal in God's sight, and to me that is the only view that counts.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, I believe we are all created equal....Do some Bible reading on the latter...Romans 1.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I do believe all PEOPLE (so men and women) are created equal, we are all human and yes I feel that includes homosexuals who I believe are born that way. I feel the only decision they make is whether to accept themselves as they are or try to hide it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• About gay people being born gay, maybe they are. We are all born with leanings towards sin. We all have certain struggles and I believe these are passed down from our parents either socially or genetically. For example, children of alcoholics and other addicts may be prone to having the same problems. We are all "born in sin and shaped in iniquity". We may not chose what tempts us, but we can chose our reaction. Gays don't have to act on their feelings any more than one who is tempted has to steal. We all have a choice.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, all created equal
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 12:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you don't want gay people to "act on their feelings," then you shouldn't act on yours either. What a hateful thing to say. :(
    Anonymous