Stripping membranes....

Did this work for anyone??? I'm supposed to have it done Thursday if she doesn't come on her own by then. I'm 39.4 weeks, 3cm, 75 effaced and it's my 2nd child...so, I'm hoping it works!!!

JenLavazza

Asked by JenLavazza at 11:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I heard sometimes it doesn't work, and it's incredibly painful! Good luck, and here's hoping she comes on her own!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It will work if your body responds to any oxytocin that is released.=) It's not always painful, it depends on how sensitive you are and how vigorously it is done.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have had my membrane stripped, it didn't hurt and it did work for me. I was three weeks early and already 5 cm dilated . The doctor stripped my membrane at about 7 p.m and sent me to the hospital. My son was born by 12:40 a.m.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well Ive had it done 3 times. With my first I had them stripped at 37wks, I was 0cm and like 50%. I actually started having mild contractions about an hour later and delivered less then 24hrs after having it done. I had it done at 38wks with my second and I was 2cm and 50%. It didnt work. With my 3rd I was 5cm and 70% and had it done, my water broke 24hrs later and I delivered the same day... good luck
    momma4boys717

Answer by momma4boys717 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I really hope it works for me!!! I went two weeks past with number one and they still had to induce. I don't want to do that again!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 12:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think that if your body is ready you will go into labor and if your body is not ready it will not work. Good luck to you.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008