potty training a lil boy?

my son is 19 months old and is showing no type of intrest in going potty, we have boughthis potty chairs n he simply used them 4 stools or storage bins so we bought him a otty seat n he will not even attempt to stay on it when we put him on it, i am pregnant with another boy now and im due in march, whats the best way 2 even begin to potty train or is potty training something i should let begin on its own? me and my husband are clueless plz help

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This might help, 5 different methods
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Keep in mind each child is different...We gave him rewards, and potty time. I let my oldest run naked for two days and his potty became his new chair, he colored sitting on the potty, he watched tv on the potty.. that was his spot when he finally went we made a big deal about it..Then we took him out of his pull ups and put on "big boy" underwear he was so excited.. but when he had an accident we put back on the pull ups he quickly learned to be a big boy you have to go to the potty..He finally "got it" at 2 years old and almost 4 years later he hasnt had an accident. My youngest did the same thing and he just wasnt interested..he went to preschool and was out of pull ups in 2 days on his own (didnt want to be the baby in the bunch) he was 2.5
    Mrs.NikkiC

Answer by Mrs.NikkiC at 6:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Cheerios in the toilet. Also I bought a toddler toilet and just sat it in the living room, where we spent most of or time. They have some cool toilets out there now that sing and make noise. Every time they sit on the potty make a big deal, clap, cheer, let him know it makes you happy!!! Plus don't force them to potty train, they will when their ready!! Unless their like 3!!!
    momof051011

Answer by momof051011 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010