if your candidate loses, what will you do?

I've been hearing about possible violence either way this election goes. What is going on in your community? Are people insinuating a violent reaction to this election?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nah, nothing will happen here if my candidate loses. The people will dance in the streets if he loses, LOL...I live in the south, who do you think the majority of people are going for here?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Either way, I'll prob. take down my McCain signs, small and unassuming as they are. If McCain wins, I feel like I will risk damage to my home or personal property, from stupid kids that would be hearing their parents curse and swear. If Obama wins, I simply don't need to have my property vandalized bc of the sign still for a "Ha!" reprovement. I have already received a nice little note that was placed on my windshield while I was shopping in Wally world. I couldn't tell the note-writers intentions. I can't figure out how the person even saw my itty bitty sticker on the back windshield. I was parked off to the side of the store where no one ever goes and the tilt of my car windshield just about hides the sticker. No vandalism, tho. Just the nice handwritten note on a scrap of paper put in my windshield wiper, referring to McCain as "the white-man." stupid.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It will be sad if people go out and cause trouble because their candiate didn't win. Its not goin to change anything. I am voting for Obama tomorrow and even if he does not win. I WILL BE HAPPY THAT BUSH IS NOT IN OFFICE ANYMORE!. So if McCain wins I really don't see him f*cking it up as bad as Bush did. NO MORE BUSH!!!
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Either way...We are to support and pray the person God places in the office. God has a purpose in it all. Life will go on either way.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I voted for Obama but here in Texas that is not common. I have heard people say around here if Obama wins they would want to try to leave the country or get Texas to suceed from the union. It is sad because I believe it is racially motivated since there wasn't a bunch of moving away/sucessionist talk the last time a democrat was in office who had the same polocies.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I won't be happy if Obama wins, but I will do like the PP said, pray for him and this country. I believe everything happens for a reason, even if I may not fully understand it at the time. God has a plan for everyone.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with heavenschild99.

partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 12:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Suck it up and move on with my life...
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• LOL, TheDragn01, that was my answer!!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• So Jenlos, why do you hate Bush?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008