Do you get along w/hubby's side of the family?

My hubby's neice said she hates me yes she used the word hate & I have no idea why?? I'll be seeing her at Thanksgiving & am wondering how to handle this? Yes I've tried talking w/her but she will not come clean on why she said this?!

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• OH WELL YOU TRIED JUST PRAY ABOUT IT BUT HELL NO I ONLY GET ALONG W/ A FEW OF HIS FAM MEMBERS YOU ARE MARRIED TO HIM NOT HIS FAM BESIDES YOU CANT PLEASE EVERY1
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes... My Inlaws are the best !!
    yearnforbaby

Answer by yearnforbaby at 6:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm not close with my husbands family. Both his parents are selfish and barely see his kids. Lucky me. My Mom steps in when they step out. BTW if the niece hates you so much why is she spending the holidays with you and your family?
    truly.a.taurus

Answer by truly.a.taurus at 6:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I got along well with my In-laws but there were no teens in the family. Just a small family. I wonder why she said that---maybe she is just plain a brat?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope. If my in laws could see me dead they would... And the feeling is rather mutual. How do I deal? We don't get together with them... If my DH needs or wants to spend time with them, he goes to them & I stay home. My BIL lives in my basement and I don't even go down there to do clothes when he's home... We avoid each other at all costs... When we HAVE to be together for something we do our best to simply ignore the other's presence...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• The neice is coming our way b/c it's her mom my hubby's sis-in-law that's doing the holiday
    girliemom0406

Comment by girliemom0406 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Just treat her like nothing ever happened or was said somehow it will come out. Maybe someone said something to her about you and instead of asking you about it she is handling it her way. IDK I hope when she comes over that will be the day you girls can straighten everything all out. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thankfully I had a great relationship with DH's parents!!! They were very good to me and our children. I also get on well with his siblings. And he with my family!

The niece is only 1 person in the room. It is her problem and not yours. Leave it that way. I know it might make you feel a little strange but if get along with the rest of the family, go and enjoy the day. Don't challenge her or get into a situation where people start taking sides because you probably won't win and that is not the purpose of Thanksgiving. Give her the best of yourself regardless of her attitude and what she has said. Hope it goes well for you and your family!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I tried but I wasn't the one they wanted. They are all dysfunctional anyhow
    kmm1

Answer by kmm1 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010