9 weeks until our little guy comes....starting to get nervous??

When my Husband and I decided to have another baby I was SO excited!! I still am VERY excited to meet our little guy but I find myself getting extremely nervous at times as well. All I can think about is our 3 year old daughter, I find myself just wanting to be around her all the time. It makes me sad that these are they last few weeks that I'm going to be able to give her ALL of my attention. There are times I feel guilty for being pregnant??? I don't know if this is normal to feel this way before having another baby? I'm sure it is just my hormones from pregnancy making me over emotional, but Has anyone else ever gone through this before? Thanks

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think this is a normal thing to have these kind of feelings cause I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first baby boy and so I only have 10 weeks til he will be here and I also have a 4 year old daughter and a almost 2 year old daughter. and I get the same kind of feelings sometimes.. Good luck with your little guy you will do great with both your kids...
    shelly2226

Answer by shelly2226 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• you will be fine
    dakotachrismom

Answer by dakotachrismom at 7:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Its normal I promise I felt the same way when my son was born, he will be 2 dec 26 so for her birthday before he was born, I got her a baby doll and told her we were praticing for brother, she has moments where she acts like shes not getting attention but one thing that really helped me with her and about how guilty i felt was to really involve her, she helped me bathe him, pick out his clothes, feed him and she to this day will get his diapers or juice, the only downside is that she sometimes thinks shes the mom and can get pretty bossy, but she really loves being a big sister, she tells everyone who will listen this is my baby brother, just get rest hon it will be ok
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I have 3 weeks to go and am more excited every day :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think that what you are feeling is normal~ I felt it too with my first~! HOW Could I do this to him?Almost like dethroning him~ How was he going to handle this? I felt awful and of course like the ONLY mom doing this to her child! ( he was 3 at the time). However when the birth of Anna actually came and he first saw her he greeted her with an unprompted kiss on the head! This was HIS baby! He did great with her....for about 6 weeks... then one day while I was changing her he matter of factly came up and stated "Mom when you are sick of her you let me know...I'll throw her in the garbage!" that was 4 years ago and i am happy to say that she is not living at the dump....yet!

Every child is different in their reactions to new siblings though... be prepared to have some special time with your oldest...we have date nights with our kids to make them feel more special... IMO having another child is the best thing for your kids
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I about teared up reading all these posts, It makes me feel SO much better knowing that I'm not the only one who felt this way. Thanks ladies :)
    nat1387

Comment by nat1387 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010