Dose any one know about Preeclampsia when your pregnant

I had protein in my urine yesterday the dr was not to consered but said if there is any at my next appointment then they might have to do tests for preeclampsia which has me worried is there anyway to prevent it so i dont get it?

shelly2226

Asked by shelly2226 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is very little you can do. avoid salt, drink plenty of water. watch your blood pressure, lie on your left side, especially if you start to have higher b/p or swelling in your feet or hands. I believe they haven't figured out why some people get it and some don't....but the ony thing you can really try to do is control the b/p and report any symptoms to the doc. Good luck. I had it, was induced at 38 weeks and had an 8# 2 oz boy. Very healthy!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah not much else other than what kjrn79 suggested. I developed preeclampsia, my BP was 158/110 and I had my daughter early....at 36 weeks because of it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thank you so much to both of you was your baby ok when you had her at 36 weeks like how big was she and did she have to stay in the hospital? well if i do get it I just hope I can make it to 36 weeks or past 36 weeks. Im at 30 weeks now so I at least want to stay pregnant for 6 more weeks im just afraid of my baby coming out to small his lungs and everything not developed fully yet
    shelly2226

Comment by shelly2226 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Salt to taste, cutting out salt entirely is actually not a good thing. The best thing you can do is eat a very high protein diet. I'm going to send you a message with some info that won't fit here....
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• thank you so much I really appreciate that
    shelly2226

Comment by shelly2226 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Both of my pregnancies I had this. That was one of the reasons I had to get c- sections
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010