Do you feel obligated?

Lately I have been recieving stuff in the mail from Purple Heart to The salvation army or the Disable American Veterans asking for donations for money I have given in the past but now ever so often I get this in my mail I don't mind giving once in awhile but if I was to give 20 dollars here and there I spend alot and I know God will bless me for blessing others but sometimes it just isn't the right time. Besides doesn't it cost them money to send little extra gifts like your address, lables, note pads sometimes even pens. I don't get it but lately I have been throwing them away and maybe keep the gifts I know thats mean but hey I could use them oneday. :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I guess it's your money you can do as you please and if times are hard. I have little money and I'm a single mother, I dont give money I give things that I dont use. I just drop anything off in those charity bins or go to good will and drop anything I dont use anymore off. If you dont want to give money you can do this.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I also support some of the organization you mentioned throughout the year. Sometimes I can other times I can't. Towards the end of the year they will keep on coming I can't control that. I have tons of address labels for the next 10 years. :-/
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, I don't feel obligated because of mailings or "gifts" like address labels. I do wish that the charities I give to wouldn't waste so much money and paper sending me stuff every few weeks - but then again, I understand why they do it - because those strategies raise money.

I simply feel obligated to GIVE. I define that - I decide who to give to, and when, and how often, and why, and how much. But as long as I have more than others have, I will give.

In my case, I choose to give to the Humane Society from time to time, and to Heifer International evey year at Christmas, and I also try to choose at lease one family to help out during the holidays, whether it be students at my local school, or a kid from an angel tree at the mall, or someone I know. I also always donate some spare change to the Salvation Army bell ringers every time I see them.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, I never feel obligated. You should give because you want to give not because you feel guilty they asked you to.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010