What is your favorite vacation memory?

We have been so blessed to live in Florida and do not have to travel far to have a good time away for a few days to a week. I think my favorite vacation to date is when we drove up the east coast making several stops throughout Virginia. We stayed in Williamsburg and toured the pottery factory and went to Bush Gardens. Then went to Virginia Beach and stayed at a lovely hotel on the beach for a couple of days. One evening, we rode on the trolley car down Atlantic Ave. and saw many street performers do magic tricks, sing, juggle, etc. We found some great seafood restaurants while we were there as well. Then we went to Washington D.C. where we toured the city by tour bus (great because you can get on and off all day and it cuts down a lot of walking time). We also went to several really cool museums. Virginia is a great vacation destination especially when your kids are a bit older. My son had just turned 9.

cocosmama30

Asked by cocosmama30 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Travel

• by far going up to the top of mount washington in nh the view if you ever want the answers to creation go look there at four ok in september it will snow on top with 300 year old two foot trees with so many mountain tops and colors for pink purple and blue one of my co-workers said that is where God hangs his pajamas and with the utmost respect absolutely ***********************beautiful and i have seen some views in my time i also had a great time in lancaster pa live in fl john wayne airport on the way in has some pretty awesome views too
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 7:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• in china, we got turned around one morn on the streets of shanghai, and ended up walking into this alley behind the main st. it was where all the shop owners lived, and there were momma brushing their kids hair for school, ppl bathing in wash tubs, men lacing up their boots, ect. well, here we are, the 1st group of whites to be allowed into china since they lifted the ban, and we are in all practicallity, standing in their living room. everyone stopped and stared at us, it was like being in a movie. then here comes this little old chinese man, walking with a cane, hunched over. he walks out, and comes up to me, extended his hand and said in plain english" Good morning, How are you?" and everyone immediately resumed their activities. he must have been the matriarch, and he said it was cool, so they stopped worrying. it was surreal
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008